Pain is meant to be the way our bodies tell us that something is wrong. But sometimes pain becomes chronic and results in a variety of problems that can negatively affect our overall lives, such as anxiety and depression, lost work and wages, difficulty in relationships, long-term disability, and much more.
While many pharmaceutical drugs are available to treat pain, they also come with a significant amount of side effects and must be strictly monitored by a medical professional. Opioids, which are prescribed as pain relievers, have particularly become part of an epidemic of addiction and even death throughout the United States.
Because of the problems with pharmaceutical companies, many people are looking for a natural, effective way to treat pain that isn’t addictive and doesn’t come with a whole host of side effects. As people look for more natural but effective alternatives for treating pain, CBD oil has become part of the conversation. In recent years, CBD (Cannabidiol) oil has come to the forefront of natural health remedies and is becoming more and more mainstream.
Related to the marijuana plant, CBD is extracted from the hemp plant but it doesn’t produce the psychotropic effects that are notorious with marijuana. In fact, CBD is extremely safe, FDA approved ads a food supplement, and legal in all fifty states as well as in most countries around the world. Industrial hemp has been growing in the United States for many years and the plant is now being used for its therapeutic health benefits, particularly related to pain relief, insomnia, epileptic seizures and cancer.
How CBD Oil Works for Pain
CBD oil contains several active ingredients that help to manage pain and other serious health issues. This is due to a few different reasons including:
- CBD oil contains a blocker that keeps the body from absorbing anandamide, which is a compound that regulates pain. These increased levels of anandamide in the blood may help to minimize the amount of pain that a person experiences.
- CBD may reduce inflammation in the nervous system as well as the brain. This could be beneficial to people who experience pain related to swelling and inflammation, such as arthritis sufferers.
- Activates serotonin receptors which offers an anti-anxiety effect, which minimizes the amount of stressful perception of pain.
- Works with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in the human body to change the binding action of certain G-protein coupled receptors which, in turn, reduces pain and stress.
- Interacts directly with ion channels (such as the vanilloid receptor) to reduce pain perception as well as inflammation and body temperature.
- People with cancer have reported that CBD oil not only helps with the pain of cancer, but can also help with many of the side effects of cancer such as nausea, fatigue, and insomnia.
Best Way to Take CBD Oil for Pain
In order to work to the best of its ability, the chemicals in CBD oil need to reach the bloodstream. The fastest way to get CBD oil into the bloodstream is either by putting it under the tongue or by vaping it into the lungs. Most people prefer to use CBD oil sublingually, although some people think that the taste is a bit earthy and bitter.
When CBD is taken under the tongue or vaped, it can enter the bloodstream very quickly where it then begins to work through the nervous system to provide pain relief.
It is also possible to use CBD oil in a topical manner in the form of creams that are placed directly onto the skin. Although the CBD does not enter the bloodstream in the same way through the skin, it still may provide pain relief when applied topically. This may be especially true for people who have joint pain, muscle aches, and other types of pain in which a cream can be rubbed directly into the area of pain. Creams made with CBD oil may need to be reapplied every couple of hours in order to maintain pain relief.
Best CBD Oil for Chronic Pain
Fibromyalgia, chronic back pain, arthritis, and so many other conditions are linked to chronic pain. CBD oil works as natural, effective way to reduce the discomfort of chronic pain for many people.
A lot of options are out there for high quality CBD oils in the United States today. But if you are looking for the best CBD oil for chronic pain, we recommend CBD Oil products from Joy Organics.
Here are some of the reasons we like the CBD Oil products offered by Joy Organics:
- Free from THC
- Free from Gluten
- Free from Pesticides
- Free from Harsh Chemicals
- Free from Metals
- Quality Manufacturing
- Farm Bill Compliant
- Full Spectrum
- Fast Absorbing
- Also offers salves, edibles, vape pens and pet products
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Free Shipping in the USA (USPS)
- Mid-range pricing with low-concentration oils starting at around $35
Because of the way that CBDoil works on the brain and body, it has a great deal of potential for helping chronic pain sufferers[JW1] to deal with their struggles. Although not a whole lot of research has been done along the lines of CBD oil and chronic pain, many individuals who have used it find it to be extremely effective.
Just like many other natural remedies available today, doctors are not able to actually prescribe CBD oil as there is not enough research for the FDA to provide standardized dosages. Because of this, many doctors are not even well-versed in its use and you may need to reach out to a holistic healer in order to get more information.
One thing to note is that CBD oil is only approved by the FDA as a food supplement, and not as a treatment for any medical conditions. It is important to keep in mind that there are no regulations for purity or dosages for CBD oil, which means you should be sure to check with your doctor to be sure that CBD oil would be right for you. Once your doctor gives you the go ahead, then it’s time to get started in reducing your pain with CBD oil!
Last Updated on