Sleeping at night can be a challenge when you struggle with back or shoulder pain, acid reflux issues, snoring, sleep apnea or other sleep related problems. Did you know that getting a better night of sleep can sometimes simply come down to changing up the pillow you are using? Just a bit of gravity defiance using a wedge pillow can be a game-changer when it comes to improving sleep quality.
Our take on the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow compiles information from various sources, giving you the best knowledge you need to make a wise purchasing decision.
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow review:
- First, we’ll explore the features and benefits that you will find to be useful about this product
- Next, we’ll look at the drawbacks you need to be aware of
- Then, we’ll talk a bit about the FitPlus company behind the product
- Finally, we’ll give you a sample of what actual customers and independent reviewers have to say about the product, offering insight to balance out your decision-making process
- Features and Benefits of the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
- Special Features (Pros) of the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
- Drawbacks (Cons) for the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
- FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow Reviews
- What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
- Bottom Line for the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
Features and Benefits of the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
- High density memory foam layer 1.5 inches thick
- Center base made of premium grade polyurethane foam
- Healthy support for shoulders and upper back
- Ergonomically shaped to improve sleep posture while aligning spine
- Removable, machine-washable cover is soft and breathable
- May be positioned lengthwise for sleeping, upright for support while reading or watching television, or at the bottom of the bed for support of legs and feet
- Useful for problems with acid reflux, GERD, snoring, painful back and shoulders, and other sleeping issues
- Affordably low price
- Product dimensions: 24” x 28” x 7.5”
- Product shipping weight: 3.8 pounds
Special Features (Pros) of the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
High Density Memory Foam. Offering 1.5 inches of high quality memory foam on top of an even denser foam base makes this wedge pillow supportive but still very comfortable and form fitting. Side and back sleepers both find it comfortable.
Removable, washable cover. This wedge comes with a comfortable zippered cover that can be removed and machine washed time and again.
Affordably Priced. For quality wedge pillows on the market today, this one by FitPlus comes in on the lower end of the budget price, making it less risky to try.
Return Policy and 2 Year Warranty. Unlike many memory foam and wedge pillows, this company does offer a return policy for customers who are not satisfied with this product. (It will require a large box for return shipping if the packaging has been opened.)
Drawbacks (Cons) for the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
Hard Foam. Some users of this product mentioned that the foam is very hard, making it difficult for side sleepers and possibly even causing back pain for some sleepers. The hard foam base may also mean that the user slides down a bit during the night.
Cannot Be Used Immediately. As with many memory foam products, this wedge pillow does take some time to ‘inflate’ after shipping in order to get to its intended size. In addition, the chemical scent of the foam may cause people with sensitive noses to have difficulty until the product is able to be aired out for a few days.
About the FitPlus Company. Very little information is available about the FitPlus Company except for the fact that they offer a limited money back return policy and a 2 year warranty.
FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow Reviews
Taking a look at what various users and reviewers have to say about a product is critical to making an informed purchasing decision. Here’s what we found people think about the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow:
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
Snore Magazine ranks the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow highly, noting the positive aspects such as a good amount of incline, preventing side sleeping, removable/washable lining, and firmness. This review site also mentions that the product is fairly heavy and that it needs some time to air out prior to use. Read More Here…
The folks over at Sleepy Hood rank the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow as their Top Pick for Acid Reflux. This reviewer particularly mentions the gentle tapering off of the edge of the pillow to increase comfort for people who sleep on their backs. The ergonomic design and dual foam build are mentioned, and the fact that it is so very firm is noted as a possible negative aspect for some people.
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
More than 1100 customer reviewers makes this an Amazon’s Choice product, coming in at much higher than 4 stars. Here’s what people have to say about it:
One verified purchaser from Amazon notes that the wedge pillow has helped combat his acid reflux problems. The 7.5 inch height is perfect for him, giving elevation while using it in conjunction with the regular pillow for his head. He says this wedge pillow is firm enough to give support and takes a bit of getting used to. Very highly recommended.
Another verified purchaser notes that this wedge pillow has saved her hundreds of dollars because of its ability to help with her problems of sleep apnea. Better deep sleep and less restless sleep has resulted in avoiding the use of a CPAP machine for this user. ‘Surprised and delighted’ is her recommendation, and she would give this product 6 or 7 stars if possible!
One other Amazon verified user notes that he expected to take some time to get used to it, but he ‘slept like a baby’ on the very first night. It helped with sinus drainage and keeping his nose clear. He’s very happy with it and has recommended it to family members.
Bottom Line for the FitPlus Premium Wedge Pillow
When it comes to purchasing an affordable wedge pillow with little risk, the FitPlus may just be the choice for you. It’s not the very top of the line in the way of wedge pillows, but it’s a great compromise between cost and quality for acid reflux, back and shoulder pain, snoring, and other sleeping problems.