Sleeping well can be a challenge and insomnia runs rampant among Americans. Many people are finding sleep relief through the growing popularity of weighted blankets. Providing a sense of security, weighted blankets use gravity to keep bodies and minds still and soothed. We’ll review the YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket and find out what it’s all about!
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket review:
- First, we’ll explore the features and benefits that you will find to be useful about this product
- Next, we’ll look at the drawbacks you need to be aware of
- Then, we’ll talk a bit about the YnM company behind the product
- Finally, we’ll give you a sample of what actual customers and independent reviewers have to say about the product, offering insight to balance out your decision-making process
Features and Benefits of YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket
Here are some of the great things you can expect from the use of a YnM weighted blanket:
- Sleep therapy for children and adults
- Useful for addressing issues including anxiety, autism, insomnia, ADHD, restless leg syndrome and stress
- Unique 7 layer weighted blanket design
- More glass beads and less filling means better temperature control
- Glass beads evenly distributed into separate compartments to limit movement and noise
- Gently conforms to the body for comfort
- Used Deep Pressure Touch Stimulation (similar to massage therapy) to decrease stress levels and even pain
- Natural therapy and relief
- Available in a variety of sizes and weights
- Made from 100% cotton breathable fabric
- Choose blanket weight based on 10% of body weight plus on (15 lb blanket for 140 lb person)
- Duvet covers available for separate purchase from the YnM company
- Available colors include: Dark Grey, Cream, Light Grey, Sea Grass and Navy
- Exclusive Three Year Warranty by YnM company includes free mending
- No hassle returns
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
Special Features (Pros) of YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket
Seven Layers. The genius behind this therapeutic blanket is due to its seven layer design. Weighted insets with five loops help to insure that the glass weights stay in place. Lightweight, breathable fabric surrounds the weighted beads for maximum comfort.
Premium Weighted Beads. Glass beads are non-toxic, odorless, and hypoallergenic. Inner pockets maintain even distribution so that the weight conforms to the shape of the body during sleep. Because of the even distribution and padding, glass beads move quietly during sleep to avoid waking up to extra noise when you turn over in your bed.
100% Cotton. For the best comfort in sleeping, and to avoid getting too warm during the night, this blanket is made from 100% cotton that is natural, breathable, and durable.
Drawbacks (Cons) for YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket
Very Warm. Although the fabric of this blanket is breathable, some people do feel that it makes sleeping very hot and uncomfortable, even if the weight is right. This may be combatted b keeping the bedroom cooler during sleep, but it may be too warm for some.
Possible Leaks. As the glass microbeads are tiny, if a stitch comes loose or tear in the blanket happens, the beads are likely to spill around the bed and create a mess that could be very difficult to clean up.
Video: YnM Weighted Blanket Review
Credit: Weighted Blankets Reviews via YouTube – click here to watch directly on YouTube
About the YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket Company
Not much information is available about the YnM Company, except for the fact that they stand behind their product with a three year warranty and money–back satisfaction guarantee.
YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket Reviews
Learning what other users think about a product is very helpful in determining if it will work for your needs. Here we’ve compiled a combination of independent reviewers and Amazon reviewers to get the low-down on what most people think about the YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket:
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket
One independent review by Business Insider features it as an Insider Pick because of its ability to ease stress, anxiety, and other health concerns. This website notes that the blanket works by calming the nervous system, mimicking the same sensation as a comfortable, warm hug from a person you like. Even for people who don’t necessarily struggle with stress, a raise in the release of melatonin and serotonin can help anyone get a deeper, better night of sleep. Read More Here…
Best Mattress Reviews
This website presents the YnM Weighted Blanket as the best seller and most popular for adults. The reviewer notes that it is competitively priced and unique from most companies in that it offers a variety of color options and size choices. Construction is ‘remarkable’ and the fact that the inner core is machine washable makes it easy to take care of. Read More Here…
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket
Well-loved with more than 1300 reviews on Amazon, this YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket comes in with more than 4 stars total. Here’s what Amazon users have to say about this product:
One Amazon customer loves this blanket so much that she has bought one for each of her family members! She likes that it is very ‘cozy’ and helps everyone to sleep better. Plus, she writes that the minky cover is ‘heaven’.
Another Amazon verified purchaser who purchased two YnM Weighted blankets says that she would definitely recommend this for anyone who has difficulty falling asleep because of anxiety, nervousness, or racing thoughts.
One additional customer would highly recommend this. Since using the blanket, he has been able to fall asleep better, instead of it taking a few hours to fall asleep. Plus, it keeps the user from waking up in the middle of the night as well.
Some Amazon purchasers have mentioned that their products have arrived with stitches missing, making the beads fall out of the blanket and creating a mess. This is not a large percentage of the buyers, but is still worth considering. READ MORE HERE…
Bottom Line for YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket
The majority of the people who use this product are thrilled with its ability to help with sleeping problems. While some have experienced issues with stitching, the company does stand behind their product if there are problems. For people with restless legs, insomnia, hyperactivity, autism, and many other sleeping issues, a YnM Weighted Sleep Therapy Blanket may be just the thing to get you sleeping well at night and functioning better throughout your day.